One of my favorite things for a quick mood fix is definitely listening to music. My music tastes goes all over from Pop, to Hip Hop, to Rap, to Rock, on and on. Below I’m going to list some of my top ‘uplifting’ songs. I’m not sticking to a specific genre with this list, so many of you may only find a few or maybe even no songs from here that could help you. Everybody’s music taste is different and I respect that, so please no nasty comments in regards to my picks! Take what you can, or stick to what you already like!
1. Secrets by Mary Lambert
2. All Night by Chance the Rapper
3. Lemon by N.E.R.D and Rihanna
4. Downtown by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis
5. Stir Fry by Migos
6. Out of My League by Fitz and The Tantrums
7. Any Way You Want It by Journey
8. Gives You Hell by The All-American Rejects
9. Respect by Aretha Franklin
10. Magic by B.o.B feat. Rivers Cuomo
11. Help! by The Beatles
12. Here Comes the Lightning by Big B
13. Hey Mama by The Black Eyed Peas
14. Electric Love by BORNS
15. Learn to Fly by Foo Fighters
16. The Warrant by Foster the People
17. Budapest by George Ezra
18. Tonight Tonight by Hot Chelle Rae
19. Thunder by Imagine Dragons
20. i by Kendrick Lamar
While there are of course MANY other songs which improve my mood and get me going, I didn’t want to overwhelm my readers with a list so long they don’t even finish it. Music is a good stress reliever, way to distract yourself, and a way to express feelings that are otherwise hard to put to words. It has therapeutic qualities and I truly believe in utilizing it as a tool to combat mental illness.
Whether you need to get your mind off things or get ready for the day when you’d rather just be at home in bed, I find music a reliable source of quick happiness and highly suggest testing this out for yourself if you haven’t already. It’s always worth it to add another tool to your toolbox for whatever mental battle it is that you face!