Every now and then you may feel like you just need to cry. This is completely normal and you should give in to this feeling. Crying is a form of stress relief and can work wonders when you’re feeling like you just can’t get past the initial hump of sadness.
Sometimes, when I get this urge, I put on a sad movie, read a sad book, or listen to music. Today, I am going to give you a list of songs that get my tears flowing. As I stated in my other music-related post, my music taste is all over the place and the songs that are in this list will be too. I hope you enjoy!
1. Hello by Adele
2. Lonely by Akon
3. It Ends Tonight by The All-American Rejects
4. Breezeblocks by alt-J
5. Do I Wanna Know? by Arctic Monkeys
6. Let It Be by The Beatles
7. If I Were A Boy by Beyonce
8. Where Is The Love? by The Black Eyed Peas
9. Go To Hell, for Heaven’s Sake by Bring Me The Horizon
10. Sober by Childish Gambino
11. Lead Me Out Of The Dark by Crown the Empire
12. Skyscraper by Demi Lovato
13. Hold On, We’re Going Home by Drake featuring Majid Jordan
14. The A Team by Ed Sheeran
15. Ghost by Ella Henderson
16. Stan by Eminem
17. Big Girls Don’t Cry by Fergie
18. Shake It Out by Florence + The Machine
19. You Found Me by The Fray
20. Breakeven (Falling To Pieces) by The Script
Like I said, these may not fit your style. But luckily there are TONS of songs out there that could work for you. Music is meant to be personal, so always find what works best for you.
Remember, it’s okay to cry! It’s not a sign of weakness, but more of a symbol of strength. By releasing those tears, you are showing the world that you are in touch with your emotions, which takes a lot of bravery as well as strength. Humans were given brains built with the ability to feel things deeply, so don’t deny yourself that part of your nature. Release your emotions as necessary for you. It’s important to know yourself and allow yourself to be open.