A month or so ago I was nominated for the Getting To Know Me tag by the blog Discovering Your Happiness. I had never gotten around to responding to this nomination because of school, but am using tonight’s free time to post.
Below, I will provide answers that hopefully help all of my readers to get to know me better. If there are things you want to know about me that aren’t in this post or you want to talk about some of my answers, feel free to contact me.
I am going to be 100% honest in my answers and hope you enjoy!
• What are my strengths?
• What are my short term goals?
– Eat better
– Read for fun more often
– Keep up with blogging
• What are my long term goals?
– Masters in Psych with minor in Soc
– Rescue more animals
– Pursue more passions (photography, fitness, journalism)
– Save money
• Who matters the most to me?
– Family, boyfriend, animals, close friends, Obama
• What am I ashamed of?
– All of the times I let pride get in the way of being the bigger person
– That I once let others create my self image
• What do I like to do for fun?
– Hangout with loved ones
– Bond with my pets
– Listen to/dance to music
– Make art
• What new activities am I willing to try?
– Difficult hikes
– New food
– Mud run
– Drifting (my boyfriend plans to be a pro)
• What am I worried about?
– Things I can’t control
• What are my values?
• If I had one wish, it would be…?
– To make loved ones (friends, family, pets, etc.) live forever
• Where do I feel safest?
– With my mom, boyfriend, or dogs
• What or who gives me comfort?
– Pets (2 dogs, 1 cat, 1 snake)
• If I was afraid, I would…?
– Hide it, thus making the feeling worse
• What is my proudest accomplishment?
– Leaving my rocky past behind, pushing through my mental illness, and succeeding in college and the job field
• Am I a night owl or an early bird?
– Depends on what I have to do that day or what I did the day before; I usually get up by 7:30 and fall asleep by 11
• What does my inner critic tell me?
– To pity myself
– That I pity myself too much
– That I’m ugly
– That I have no right to think I’m ugly
(As you can see, she’s complicated)
• What do I do to show myself self-care?
– Cancel plans when I need to
– Treat myself to food when I am craving it
– Stay up with hygiene
– Let myself cry or scream it out
– Make sure I acknowledge all emotions
• Am I an introvert or extrovert?
– An introvert who can be an extrovert in the right situation
• What am I passionate about?
– The rights of all species, genders, sexualities, ethnicities, ages, and any other type of category
• What do my dreams tell me?
– That I’m stressed
– That I need to let go
• What is my favorite non-fiction book?
• What is my favorite fiction book?
– The Ramayana
• What is my favorite movie?
• What is my favorite band?
– The Offspring or System of A Down
• What is my favorite food?
• What is my favorite color?
• What am I grateful for?
– My family
– My true friends
• When I’m feeling down, I like to…
– Face mask
– Music or Netflix
– Cuddle my dogs
– Talk to my mom
– Go for a walk
– Make art
• I know I am stressed when…
– I lose motivation
– I procrastinate
– I randomly want to cry
Like I said, I hope this posts gives better insight into parts of my life I maybe don’t talk about as much or at all on here.
We’re all unique and I always liked learning about different people, maybe because of my life long interest in human behavior. I’m thankful for this opportunity to put myself out there and hope to do more things like this.
Again, any more questions, feel free to message/comment/email!